Press Releases and Documents
Here you can find selected press Releases about PROMISE:
- derStandard, 19th March 2013: "Globaler Keimverkehr" (Download Article)
- Glas Slavonije, 20. July 2013: “Započela kontrola i uzorkovanje hrane koja stiže ilegalnim putem"
Here you can find selected documents:
- Croatia (VETFAC):
- Postersession: Poster at 5th International Congress ''VETERINARY SCIENCE AND PROFESSION'', October 3rd and 4th, 2013, in ZAGREB, October 3rd and 4th, 2013
- Seminar: “New trends of sampling food in EU: milk and dairy products”, 19th of July 2013 in Osijek, Veterinary Faculty University of Zagreb in cooperation with Croatian Food Agency (HAH)
- Publication: Gutić, Sandra; Horvatek Tomić, Danijela; Kozačinski, Lidija; Lukač, Maja; Prukner-Radovčić, Estella (2013): PROTECTION OF CONSUMERS BY MICROBIAL RISK MITIGATION THROUGH COMBATING SEGREGATION OF EXPERTISE (PROMISE) //Book of Abstracts, The 5th International Congress "Veterinary Science and Profession" / Slavica, Alen ; Horvatek Tomić, Danijela (eds.). Zagreb: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Zagreb, 2013. pp.90.
- Ireland (Teagasc)
- Postersession: Marion Dalmasso, Kieran Jordan. Assessment of the environment-borne L. monocytogenes risk in cheesemaking facilities. Global Food Safety Conference, Dublin, October 25th 2013.
- Postersession: Marion Dalmasso, Kieran Jordan. Process environment sampling can help to reduce the occurrence of Listeria monocytogenes in food processing facilities. Proceedings of the safefood Listeria Network conference, Dublin, Ireland, November 20th 2013.
- Publication: Marion Dalmasso and Kieran Jordan (2013): Absence of growth of Listeria monocytogenes in naturally contaminated Cheddar cheese. Journal of Dairy Research 17; 1-8 (have a look on the first page)
- Publication: Marion Dalmasso and Kieran Jordan (2013): Reduction of L. monocytogenes in an Irish food processing facility. Irish Journal of Agricultural and Food Research 52; 93-100.
- Publication: Marion Dalmasso et al.(2013): Comparison of Polymerase Chain Reaction methods and plating for analysis of enriched cultures of Listeria monocytogenes when using the ISO11290-1 method. Journal of Microbiological Methods.
- Ireland (Teagasc)
- Oral Presentation: Kieran Jordan. Science supporting the artisan food industry, Presentation at The Science of cheese conference, Somerset, UK, August 2012.
- Oral Presentation: Kieran Jordan. Listeria monocytogenes. Presentation to Cork Zoonoses Committee, February 28th 2013.
- Oral Presentation: Kieran Jordan. Tracing contamination in cheese processing facilities. Presentation at 5th European conference of artisan cheesemakers, Cork, Ireland, April 26th 2013.
- Oral Presentation: Kieran Jordan. Improving food safety by tracing contamination by Listeria monocytogenes in food processing facilities. Presentation to the Seafood Protection Authority, May 23rd 2013.
- Workshops for industry: Marion Dalmasso and Kieran Jordan:
A series of workshops on basic aspects of hygiene related to L. monocytogenes were held. They were aimed at staff working in food businesses who may not have a scientific background and to create awareness about L. monocytogenes and how sampling (as in the PROMISE project) can help control it.
- October 5th 2012 Gorey Co. Wicklow 8 participants representing 2 food businesses
- February 18th 2013 Fermoy, Co. Cork 18 participants representing 8 food businesses
- May 12th 2013 Skibbereen, Co. Cork 22 participants representing 8 food businesses
- June 10th 2013 Ennis, Co. Clare 10 participants representing 4 food businesses
- September 20th 2013 Tullamore, Co. Offaly 8 participants representing 5 companies